Registration/Enroll My Student

Enjoy our virtual Kindergarten Open House Video at:  

 Scene Slate.png

Enjoy an overall introduction to the Sanibel School as seen through the eyes of a parent:

Scene Slate.png


Currently we have openings at all grade levels. 

The Sanibel School is not a "Choice" school. If you live off island, you must first register your child with School Choice at the Lee County School Public Education Center, and then apply for a waiver. Waivers are approved by the District based on needs and space availability. Information can be found on the District website ( in the Student Assignment tab at the top of the homepage.  All off-island parents must contact the Lee County Public Education Center for assistance.  No assistance can be given at the school, and you will be directed to contact the District.


If you live on Sanibel or Captiva Island, our Information Specialist, Mrs. Donna Marks ([email protected]), will be able to register children at The Sanibel School.  She is currently on summer break and will return to the office July 19th.  Please email her or call the school for an appointment on July 19th or later.  No one will be seen without an appointment, and if you arrive on campus without one, you will be turned away.  Appointments will be available between 8 AM and 3 PM daily.  All appointments must be scheduled, and you must call the school as you approach. 

lease bring the information below to your appointment. Thank you.

2022-2023 Sanibel School Registration Requirements

Registrar: Donna Marks (note:  on summer break until July 19th)

Phone: 239-472-1617

E-mail: [email protected]

Florida Law states that whoever knowingly provides false information, in writing, to a public servant in the performance of his or her duties commits a second degree misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Florida Law states that whoever knowingly provides false information, in writing, to a public servant in the performance of his or her duties commits a second-degree misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500.

  • Photo ID - Anyone who registers a student must show a Photo ID
  • Original Birth Certificate - or copy faxed from any previous K-12 school
  • Social Security Card - (if available)
  • Florida Health Examination (physical) - The exam must be dated within 12 months prior to registration. Not required for students transferring from any Florida public or private school unless registering a Kindergarten student (Form DH 3040)
  • Florida Certificate of Immunization - can be obtained free by taking your former state's immunization record to the Lee County Health Department, 3920 Michigan Ave., Ft. Myers, FL. Appointment is required please call 239-461-6100.  (Form DH 680)
  • Proof of Address (Only one of the following documents are required)
    • Current electric bill, water bill, cable bill or any utility bill that shows a service address.
    • Signed Lease Agreement or Statement From Landlord on their letterhead verifying occupancy. *Leases and Landlord statements may require verification. Additional documentation may be required prior to registration or change of address.
    • Homestead Exemption Card - If you have property with homestead, that is the address that must be used when enrolling your child.
    • If you are building a house - Mortgage Acceptance Letter including: your name, loan number, property address and a letter from the builder with an expected completion date. (The completion date and the date the child will start attending school must be within a sensible time period in relation to each other).
    • If you are buying a house - Settlement statement or mortgage acceptance letter including: your name, loan number, property address and closing date. We do not accept: sales contracts, commitment letters, pre-approval letters or truth in lending statements.
    • If living with relatives or friends - A letter from them listing your name and the names of your children, stating that you are residing at their address and a copy of one of the documents listed above to verify their address
  • Proof of Custody is required if child is not living with both natural parents.
  • Name and address of last school attended
  • Copy of Last Report Card
  • Copy of IEP (Individual Education Plan) if your child is in an Exceptional Student Education Program (ESE).
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved. Non-Discrimination Policy Website Accessibility