About The Sanibel School
The Sanibel School Goals
Our goals and priorities are based upon our understanding of the future and the world in which our students will live as adults.
- The Sanibel School is dedicated to enabling every student to discover the joy of learning. We teach ALL children to believe that they can learn.
- We believe that the content of curriculum is important. Our children acquire a broad range of knowledge in literature, language, the arts, history, civics, geography, math, science, and health. Our students learn to use knowledge and to be problem solvers as they examine their lifestyles, school, community, and world issues.
- We teach children the importance of a healthy mind in developing a satisfying life. We teach them to be responsible, to manage stress, to practice the Golden Rule, to be honest, trustworthy and dependable, and to demonstrate self discipline and respect for others.
- We teach children about their bodies, their minds and their emotions. We help them use what they learn to make responsible choices about food, drugs, and exercise. We teach children that their choices are important to them and to the future health of our nation.
- We teach children to understand and participate in computer technology in order to be knowledgeable adults in the future.
- We teach children about the earth's environment. We help them understand that they are caretakers of the earth and must work with others to solve environmental problems.
- We teach children to be inquisitive, tolerant, and flexible, because the one certainty in their future world is change. We challenge them to participate in, explore, and help mold the changes that will affect their futures.
- We teach children to appreciate, and to express their feelings through the arts.
- We teach children the "Basics Plus More" because we believe in the enrichment of curriculum for all Sanibel students.
The Sanibel School has a proud established history of academic success. Its Blue Ribbon designation places it in the top 5% of schools nationwide. Watch the video to learn more about the first 100 years at the Sanibel School.